Finding mold in your home is never fun! No matter how stressful it is, though, it’s important to deal with the issue before it becomes an even bigger problem.
One key factor to mold removal is determining what kind of mold you’re dealing with. If it’s black mold (scientifically called Stachybotrys chartarum or Stachybotrys chlorohalonata), you’ll need to take extra precautions.
Some people wonder, “Can I remove black mold myself?” At Core24 Services, we don’t recommend it. Here’s what you need to know!
Is it Dangerous to Clean Mold?
While cleaning mold is always a nasty job, you can remove many types by yourself. However, black mold removal is another story.
Black mold can cause all sorts of health issues, including:
- Skin problems, like rashes or hives
- Irritated respiratory systems, including sinuses, nasal passages, throat, and lungs
- Ongoing and continual fatigue
- Coughing and sneezing
An extreme reaction to black mold might involve nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the respiratory tissues.
Unfortunately, it’s easy to get exposed to mold during the removal process. This is true for black mold removal as well as other types.
In addition, trying black mold removal on your own could have other negative consequences. These include:
- Missing hidden mold. Mold spores are microscopic and can hide in tiny crevices, in air vents, and other places. It may look like you got all the mold, it’s easy to leave some behind.
- Spreading the mold. Disturbing mold, including black mold, may cause it to release more spores than usual. Unless you know how to contain these, you could spread it to other areas of your home.
- Exposing your family to more mold. Unless you use the right protection equipment and air filters, you may not contain the mold well. You could end up spreading it around your house, including to areas where your family members will breathe it in.
Get Professional Help for Black Mold Removal
Because we want you to get rid of your mold for good without exposing yourself or your family to it any more than you already have, we recommend calling for professional help when it comes to black mold removal.
When you call us at Core24 Services, we’ll work with you to get rid of all the black mold in your home in ways that keep the rest of your house and your family safe. We’ll eliminate your mold problem so you won’t have to worry about it anymore.