Mold is a hazardous material that can form inside your home. Mold causes respiratory illnesses and can make your family very ill. If you see water stains or have a musty smell in your home, you most likely have mold growth in your house. Below, Core24 Services will discuss the ways that mold growth occurs and how you can avoid it.
The main cause of mold growth is from water damages. If you had flooding in your property that was not restored by a professional, water was likely left behind. Mold only needs a small amount of water to grow. Once mold begins to grow, it will breed quickly and spread to other parts of your home.
Humidity and Mold
Areas with high humidity can also cause mold to grow. Kitchens and bathrooms are two of the most common areas to have mold growth. Parts of your home where heat and moisture occur are the perfect breeding ground for mold growth. Ensure that these areas are at a proper level of humidity to prevent mold growth.
Roof leaks or leaks from pipes that are not found quickly will allow mold to grow out of control. Many people do not notice small roof leaks or minor leaks from pipes until they begin to see mold stains and realize there is a problem.
When Is Mold a Problem?
If you have noticed mold stains or a musty smell, call a professional such as Core24 Services. Household mold is dangerous and should be removed only by professional that have the proper tools for safe and thorough mold removal. Mold and the affected areas must be fully removed and replaced. Once removed, the area must be cleaned and sanitized so that all mold spores are killed.
House mold is a problem that starts small, but could turn into a much bigger issue quickly. If all mold is not removed, it will begin to breed and grow out of control again. If your property does have mold stains, it is important that you call a professional to check your entire property for mold growth, as it can spread to other areas easily. If you suspect that you’ve got mold in your home, call Core24 Services to come check it out, and remove it to keep your home and family safe!